Top of page
Skip to main content
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2024-25 school year will open in December 2023 instead of October 1st. See more on FAFSA Simplification.
A student smiles while walking through school halls on his phone

Transfer or returning students

First of all, welcome to PCC or welcome back to PCC! 

We have compiled some helpful information to help you navigate the financial aid process.

We are glad you have decided to continue your education with Pima Community College (PCC). Here are a few things you should do to help ensure a smooth transition:

  • Add PCC’s school code of 007266 to your FAFSA.
  • Contact the financial aid office at your previous institution to cancel any future financial aid disbursements.
  • Log into MyPima to review your financial aid requirements and address any outstanding items.
  • Make an appointment with an academic advisor to create an academic plan. It is helpful to have an official transcript submitted for evaluation and have an unofficial transcript available before the appointment.
  • Apply for scholarships at
  • Prerequisite courses that are not part of your program of study at PCC are not eligible for most types of financial aid.
  • If you are pursuing a program of study at another school and taking prerequisite courses for that program at PCC, financial aid may be limited to private loans.
  • Preparatory coursework for another college or university is only eligible for private loans.
  • Please see your program advisor for additional information on program requirements.


Students who have not attended consecutive semesters are recommended to make an appointment with an academic adviser to verify catalog year and program of study information. Your financial aid eligibility will be communicated to students in the financial aid page in MyPima.

Below are some items you should look into to ensure a smooth transition.

  • Do you owe funds to Department of Education? You can find this information at
  • Did you borrow student loans? Are you in good standing? To find this information visit
  • Have you attended any other colleges? It is recommended you submit an official transcript for evaluation to the Admissions and Registration Office.
  • Are you eligible for financial aid? There are many types of financial aid: scholarships, grants, student loans, and federal work study. Each program has different eligibility requirements. Please see Types of Financial Aid to learn more.

Do you have a current FAFSA on file with PCC? Please ensure you submit a FAFSA for all available aid years with the school code of 007266.

We are here to help! Contact us now.

Back to main content Back to top