Top of page
Skip to main content
Due to unforeseen circumstances, all members of the Pima Community College (PCC) Governing Board will be attending the Board's March 8, 2023, Regular Meeting remotely. At the discretion of the Board Chair, PCC administrators and others making scheduled presentations to the Board may also be appearing remotely. Tonight's meeting will otherwise be conducted in a hybrid format as previously noticed, and members of the public may still attend in person at PCC's District Office, room C-105. During the "Public Comment-Call to the Audience" portion of tonight's meeting, public comments may still be made either remotely or in person. PCC staff will be on-site in room C-105 to assist members of the public attending in person who wish to address comments to the Board.

Professional Licensure by State - Michigan

Michigan has signed an Interstate Compact Agreement (ICA) with every state agreeing to accept out-of-state teacher preparation programs and teaching certificates on a reciprocal basis for initial certification. The Standard Teaching Certificate and the Standard CTE Certificate are the initial certificate issued to teachers who have completed an approved out-of-state teacher preparation program. An applicant who has completed a state-approved teacher preparation program including student teaching in another state can submit an application to   be evaluated for certification.

Approval Status

Pima Community College’s Post Baccalaureate Teacher Education Program meets the academic requirements for initial certification.

State Website

Michigan Licensure Website

Contact Information

Michigan Department of Education
608 W. Allegan Street
Lansing, MI 48909

Phone: 833-633-5788

Fax: 517-355-4565


Back to main content Back to top