On February 26, 2015 the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) placed Pima Community College On Notice. Pima submitted a Notice Report to the HLC on June 29, 2016 documenting our efforts in fully meeting all elements of the HLC criteria.
The College remains fully accredited while On Notice which does not affect PCC's ability to offer financial aid to our students. Also, we do not anticipate any change in a student’s ability to transfer courses.
The Accreditation FAQ provides additional information on accreditation, PCC's current status, financial aid and course transfer.
Statement of Affiliation Status
HLC Contact Information
Contact information for the HLC:
Pima Community College can be contacted at (520) 206-4500 or at 4905 E Broadway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85709.
Information on recent activities related to PCC accreditation status.
- Feb. 8, 2017: PCC submits an institutional response to the HLC and an update.
- Jan. 30, 2017: PCC posts annotated final report* noting changes between the draft and final versions of the report from PCC's response to the draft.
- Jan. 27, 2017: Chancellor emails an update to the PCC community
- Jan. 27, 2017: PCC receives a transmittal letter and the final HLC Focused Visit Report [view accessible version]. PCC prepares a response due Feb. 10
- Dec. 21, 2016: Chancellor emails an update to the PCC community
- Dec. 12, 2016: PCC receives the draft HLC Focused Visit Report and prepares a Response
- Sept. 15, 2106: Chancellor provides an update on accreditation and other matters in a "Conversation with the Community attended by internal and external stakeholders
- Sept. 13, 2016: Chancellor emails an update to the PCC community.
- Sept. 1, 2016: Provost emails an update to the PCC community
- July 1, 2016: HLC approves additional locations for instruction; required confirmation site visit will be scheduled
- June 30, 2016: PCC submits Notice Report to the HLC