Top of page
Skip to main content
A better 2024-2025 FAFSA form is now available. Apply Today! Questions? Contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships

Professional Licensure by State - Alabama

Students should seek initial certification in Arizona and then seek reciprocity for certification in Alabama. Individuals who complete programs at institutions outside of Alabama and wish to obtain Alabama certification must, in part, present a valid professional educator certificate in which Alabama offers comparable certification. An applicant must also meet background clearance, test, and any experiential requirements.

Approval Status

Pima Community College’s Post Baccalaureate Teacher Education Program does not meet the academic requirements for initial certification.

State Website

Alabama Licensure Website

Contact Information

Alabama State Department of Education 
50 North Ripley Street
P.O. Box 302101 
Montgomery, Alabama 36104 

Phone: (334) 694-4900


Back to main content Back to top