Top of page
Skip to main content
A better 2024-2025 FAFSA form is now available. Apply Today! Questions? Contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Students walk between the breezeways at Pima's West Campus

Drug-Free Schools & Communities Act

Pima Community College is committed to the Drug Free Schools and Communities Act Amendments of 1989 (Public Law 101-226, 20 U.S.C. §1145g).  

Annual Notification: Read the Drug- and Alcohol-Free Environment Notification

At PCC, the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees is prohibited.

Violating or failing to comply with published rules and regulations of conduct on College property or during a College activity and/or being under the influence of, using, selling, possessing, or distributing any illicit drugs or alcohol on College property or as part of any of its activities is subject to disciplinary action that may include exclusion, suspension, or expulsion.

Additionally, local, state, and federal laws prohibit the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol. Conviction for violating these laws can lead to imprisonment, fine, probation, and/or assigned community service.

Students convicted of a drug- and/or alcohol-related offense will be ineligible to receive federally funded or subsidized grants, loans, scholarships, or employment. Pima Community College does fully subscribe to and cooperate with the local, state, and federal authorities in the enforcement of all laws regarding the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol.

There are definite health risks associated with the use of alcohol and illegal substances. Students who experiment with drugs, alcohol, and illegal substances, or use them recreationally, may develop a pattern of use that leads to abuse and addiction. Use of alcohol and illegal substances is a major factor in accidents and injuries, and among persons between the ages of 18 and 24, it is responsible for more deaths than all other causes combined. 

College officials will assist students with appropriate referrals and information concerning drug and alcohol education, counseling, treatment, or rehabilitation or reentry programs that may be available in the community. Contact the Student Services Center on any campus for information.

Back to main content Back to top