Program Outcomes - Substance Use Disorders Certificate
Upon successful completion of the Substance Use Disorders Certificate program, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the role and skill set of Social Work within the U.S. social welfare system.
- Understand substance use disorders, addiction and treatment in the U.S.
- Describe programs and strategies of the prevention of substance use disorders.
- Apply the principles and techniques used in the treatment of substance use disorders.
- Explain the political, legal, and ethical issues of substance use.
- Demonstrate culturally competent communication and interviewing skills.
- Apply knowledge of diversity and use multicultural approaches in service delivery.
- Know and practice the values and ethics of the Social Work profession.