Program Outcomes - Social Services AAS
Upon successful completion of the Social Services AAS degree program, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the role and skill set of Social Work within the U. S. Social Welfare System.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic group dynamics.
- Apply principles and techniques of community organizing to affect change in society.
- Practice facilitating psycho-educational, counseling, and support groups using advanced concepts in group dynamics.
- Describe the social services delivery system in U. S.
- Demonstrate culturally competent communication and interviewing skills.
- Apply the concepts and skills learned in SSE classes in 225 hours of field experience and supervision in a local social service agency.
- Apply knowledge of diversity and use multicultural approaches in service delivery.
- Know and practice the values and ethics of the Social Work profession.