Program Outcomes - Domestic Violence Intervention Certificate
Upon successful completion of the Domestic Violence Intervention Certificate program, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the role and skill set of Social Work within the U. S. Social Welfare System.
- Understand the social functions and basic dynamics of marriage and families.
- Apply Social Work theories and skills to intervention in family violence and child abuse and neglect cases.
- Use crisis theory and crisis intervention techniques to address family violence.
- Demonstrate culturally competent communication and interviewing skills.
- Apply knowledge of diversity and use multicultural approaches in service delivery.
- Know and practice the values and ethics of the Social Work profession.