Program Admission - Therapeutic Massage AAS
Before being admitted to this program, you must:
- Program prerequisites must be completed as described in the AAS Program Requirements with grades and/or assessment scores posted on PCC transcripts before applying to the program.
- Be at least eighteen years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Attend a Therapeutic Massage Program orientation session
- Complete advising session with Therapeutic Massage faculty
- Submit application form by due date
- Complete a health declaration, immunizations, drug screening, and fingerprinting
- Complete prerequisite coursework with a grade of C or better prior to entry into TMA202IN (and higher)
To participate in the clinical portion of the program, the students must:
- Obtain an Arizona DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Pass a urine toxicology screening exam.
- Be able to perform a number of physical activities in the clinical portion of the program. At a minimum, students will be required to lift patients, stand for several hours at a time and perform bending activities. Students must be able to lift, carry, set up and take down massage tables and chairs. The clinical experience also places students under considerable mental and emotional stress as they undertake responsibilities and duties impacting clients’ wellness. Students must be able to demonstrate rational and appropriate behavior in day-to-day situations and under stressful conditions. Students will be required to receive massage which results in increased local and systemic circulation, increased venous return, relaxed muscles and overall relaxation. Individuals should give careful consideration to the mental and physical demands of the program prior to making application.
- Present proof of immunization or immunity for MMR/Varicella/Hep-B.
- Show proof of negative TB skin test or negative chest x-ray for TB.
- Maintain health insurance and a CPR card at the Health Care Provider Level throughout the program.