LPN transition to Nursing AAS
Program Admissions and Course Information
- Complete program prerequisites as listed below.
- Current unrestricted State of Arizona LPN License or Multi-State Privilege to Practice in Arizona License with previous LPN work experience is required.
- Contact the Nursing Department at 206-6661 to schedule an appointment to complete the application.
- Complete NRS 188 / NRS 188LS "Transition to Associate Degree Nursing".
- The semester the student is in NRS 188/188LS they must also complete BIO 205IN and either ECE 107 or PSY 240. These two courses may be taken prior to entering NRS 188/188LS. Core Courses and the required Support Courses for semesters three and four of the Nursing Program.
Any Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the community who wishes to complete the Nursing AAS degree must complete the following program prerequisites with grades and/or assessment scores posted on their PCC transcript before applying to the program.
- MAT 122 with a grade of “C” or better or assess into MAT 151 or higher
- REA 112 or REA 112HP with a grade of “C” or better or Compass reading score at or above 95
- PSY 101 with a grade of “C” or better
- CHM 130/130LB/130IN* with a grade of “C” or chemistry assessment score of 34 or higher
- BIO 201IN or BIO 201H*
- BIO 202IN*
- WRT 101
Note: BIO 201IN/BIO 201H and BIO 202IN must average to a “B” or better. CHM 130/130LB/130IN or the chemistry assessment score, BIO 201IN and BIO 202IN must have been completed within the last 6 years.
These costs are approximate. Additional fees may apply.
|DPS Criminal Background Check||$65.00|
|Required Textbooks / Lab Supplies||$1,395.00|
|Graduation Application Fee||$15.00|
Additional fees include but are not limited to: Health insurance, and tuition (see Program web page and Paying for School). The cost of tuition is based on the number of credit hours you enroll in each semester. The tuition you pay is determined by whether or not you are an in-state resident or a non-resident. Refer to the schedule of classes for additional course fees.