Program Outcomes - Clinical Research Coordinator AAS
Upon successful completion of the Clinical Research Coordinator AAS program, the learner will be able to:
- Compare/contrast the clinical research phases.
- Outline the process for data collection and documentation.
- Identify the elements of a clinical research protocol.
- Outline the study start-up process.
- Examine the regulatory aspects of the informed consent form and process.
- Perform a mock clinical trial.
- Manage medical records upholding privacy and security regulations.
- Identify professional research associations and review their respective associations with a research site.
- Complete Human Subject Training requirements.
- Categorize a Regulatory Binder and examine the essential documents required to adhere to regulatory compliance.
- Obtain Critical thinking skills necessary for a successful career as a CRC.
- Obtain professional skills necessary for a successful career as a CRC.
- Use computer programs commonly found in a research facility.
- Describe the structural organization of the body.
- Obtain specimens for diagnostic evaluation and testing.
- List the indications for use, dosage forms, generic and trade names for commonly used medications.
- Examine ethical considerations for research volunteers.
- Examine the regulations and guidelines for pharmaceutical, device, industry-sponsored and federally sponsored clinical trial design.
- Develop an on-site monitoring plan.
- Identify the regulatory agencies involved in clinical research.