Program Outcomes - Advanced Early Childhood Education Certificate
Upon successful completion of the Advanced Early Childhood Education Certificate program, the learner will be able to:
- Child Development -To reflect mastery of child development and characteristics of children 0-8 years of age.
- Building Family and Community Relationships -To demonstrate knowledge and understanding of family and community characteristics to support and empower families through reciprocal and respectful relationships.
- Observing, Documenting, and Assessing to Support Young Children and Families -To explain the goals, benefits, and uses of assessment including observation and documentation and other appropriate strategies.
- Teaching and Learning -To integrate understanding of and relationships with children and their families; apply their understanding of developmentally effective approaches to teaching and learning; and demonstrate knowledge of academic disciplines to design, implement, and evaluate experiences that promote positive development and learning for all young children.
- Becoming a Professional -To identify with and become involved with the early childhood field though continuous and collaborative learning to inform practice. To demonstrate the ability to be engaged in informed advocacy for children and the profession.