Program Outcomes - Dance Concentration AFA
Upon successful completion of the Dance Concentration AFA program, the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the history and aesthetics of dance as a global art through courses in dance history.
- Acquire an understanding of musicality and basic musical concepts as they apply to dance.
- Analyze a dance concert from the perspective of a performer, choreographer, producer, and audience member.
- The ability to create movement to be applied to instruction or performance through courses in choreography and improvisation.
- A comprehensive understanding and ability to use the lexicon related to a specific dance technique.
- A thorough understanding of technical dance in ballet, modern dance, and jazz dance.