Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Associate of Arts

Degree for Transfer in Liberal Arts

Prepare to transfer by completing your general education requirements for a wide variety of university majors.  Engage in creative pursuits such as writing, art, history or languages.  This program may also be completed online.

Find out more about completing this degree prior to transferring to a university.

Concentrations are available for History and Psychology.  Specialized AA degrees are available in:  Administration of Justice, American Indian Studies, Anthropology, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Interior Design, Political Science, Social Services, and Sociology.

Program/Major Codes: AOALIBRALART/ALA

What can I do with this degree?

Academic Options: Transfer to a university and major in subjects other than science, business or technology.  Additional information on transferring to a university is available online or from any advisor or counselor. 

Program Requirements

Choose transferable courses as electives in the specific disciplines that interest you.  

Arizona General Education Curriculum Requirements (AGEC-A)

Select courses to fulfill the C, I, and G requirements.*

English Composition 6
Humanities and Fine Arts 6
Biological and Physical Sciences 8
Mathematics 3
Social and Behavioral Sciences 6
Other Requirement Options 6
Subtotal 35
Required Core:    
Transferable credits: select 25-29 transferable credits from
transfer guides of interest, any transferable course, including second
language courses.
Second language: (0-16)**   
Subtotal 25-29
Total 60-64

* In the general education categories, select courses so that at least one course is marked "C" (cultural diversity), one with an "I" (intensive writing), and one with a "G" (global awareness).  Note that a single course may fulfill more than one of the requirements.

** A second language is not a requirement of this degree, however many university bachelor of arts degrees require a language course numbered 202.  Bilingual and international students should consult an advisor concerning exceptions to this requirement.