Diversity, inclusion, global education topics of March public meetings
February 16, 2017
Update: An additional meeting has been added on March 2 from 10 - noon in Room F-123 at the Desert Vista Campus, 5901 S. Calle Santa Cruz
Pima Community College is holding meetings in March to discuss the College’s mission core theme of diversity, inclusion and global education.
Data will be shared on a variety of topics. Among the areas to be discussed:
- What are the demographics of students at Pima Community College? Are there subpopulations of students for whom PCC sees an enrollment increase over time?
- Does student success vary by demographics? For example, are female students more successful than male students? How does success vary by age or race/ethnicity?
- How do student and employee demographics compare with the residents of Pima County?
- What are the student and faculty responses to the Community College Survey of Student Engagement (and the faculty equivalent) question “How much does this college emphasize encouraging contact among students from different economic, social, and racial or ethnic backgrounds?”
March meeting dates and times:
- District Office, 4905 E. Broadway: March 1, 1-3 p.m., Community Board Room C-105
- Desert Vista, 5901 S. Calle Santa Cruz, 10 a.m. - noon, Room F-123
- East Campus, 8181 E. Irvington Road: March 3, 2:30-4:30 p.m., Community Room
- Northwest Campus, 7600 N. Shannon Road: March 7, 9-11 a.m., Room A-207
- Downtown Campus, 1255 N. Stone Ave.: March 8, 1-3 p.m., Room RV-116
- West Campus, 2202 W. Anklam Road: March 9, 2:30-4:30 p.m., Room J-G05 Community Room
- Maintenance & Security, 6680 S. Country Club Road: March 14, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Room 105
- Desert Vista, 5901 S. Calle Santa Cruz: March 14, 2-4 p.m., Room F123
- District Office: March 14, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Community Board Room C-105
- Community Campus, 401 N. Bonita Ave.: March 28, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Room A-230
For more information, contact Nicola Richmond, Ph.D., at email@example.com.