PCC, the PCC Foundation and generous donors in our community help you achieve your dreams through scholarships programs. Unlike loans, scholarships normally don't have to be paid back. The PCC Foundation is instrumental in soliciting, managing and distributing scholarships to qualified students.
STARS On-Line is currently open for the following scholarships:
- William Warneke Hotshot Memorial Scholarship - Family and friends of "Billy" Warneke are contributing to this scholarship fund in memory of Billy whose last call, along with 18 of his fellow Granite Mountain Hotshot Crew members, was June 30, 2013. Billy was a dedicated husband, firefighter, outdoorsman, Marine Veteran and all around great guy. He was a graduate of Pima Community College. The scholarship will be awarded to PCC students enrolled in at least 6 units in PCC's Fire Academy who has financial need. Past recipients are not eligible. Deadline is July 29, 2016.
- The Sustainability Career Scholarship - Recipients may be enrolled full-time or part time. They must maintain a 2.5 GPA or better. Scholarships will be awarded to students in the following programs: Building Construction Technology (BCT) Program - Solar Installer, Solar Installer (Certificate), Basic Business and Industry Technology - Sustainability for Building Trades (Certificate), Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)/ Design - Construction Concentration with emphasis in Sustainability or Green Building, Ed2Go's Sustainable Energy and Going Green Programs. Deadline is August 5, 2016.
*** Scholarships can be up to $1200 (or up to 75% of tuition, whichever is less). The number of recipients chosen will depend on number of applicants and available funds.
Submit your most current unofficial transcripts (academic record), or a copy of your GED certificate to be eligible for The Sustainability Career Scholarship. Mail your transcripts to PCC Foundation, 4905 E. Broadway Blvd, #C-252, Tucson,AZ 85709-1320, email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax to 520-206-4648.
The next scholarship cycle for general and program scholarships begins in February 2017. Some of the scholarship opportunities that will be available for the 2017-18 academic year include:
- Access and Disability Resources Scholarship
- Alumni Association Family Scholarship
- Amigos de Pima Scholarships
- Arts Scholarships
- Business Scholarships
- John & Helen Murphey Foundation Scholarship
- Chancellor's Service Scholarship
- Non-Traditional Student Scholarships
- Pima Book Scholarship
- Pima Opportunity Grant
- PCC General Scholarships for Academic Merit
- PCC General Scholarships for Financial Need
If you have questions, please call the PCC Foundation at 520-206-4646.