Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Entrance and Exit Counseling

When you borrow a Federal Stafford loan or Federal Perkins loan, you are required to complete counseling activities.

Entrance Counseling

You must complete online Loan Entrance Counseling if you received a federal Stafford or Perkins loan for the first time at Pima Community College. 

Loan Entrance Counseling gives you important information about borrowing and repaying your student loans. Failure to complete Loan Entrance Counseling will result in the cancellation of your federal loan.

If you aren't sure if you need to complete Loan Entrance Counseling, check the Requirements section of your MyPima Financial Aid tab.

Exit Counseling

If you have received federal loans and stopped attending Pima Community College at least half-time (six or more credit hours), you must complete Exit CounselingWhether you are entering the work force or continuing your education elsewhere, we want you to be prepared! 

If you meet one of these criteria, you must take action:

  • Are you graduating?
  • Are you transferring?
  • Are you dropping below 6 credit hours of enrollment for 6 months or more?
  • Are you completely withdrawing?

If so, your students loans may go into repayment.  If, at any time during repayment, you find you are having financial difficulties, do not ignore your student loans.  Call SALT representatives toll-free at 1-855-469-2724 to discuss your options.  They are there to help you through any tough times.

Check your MyPima Financial Aid tab for the Loan Exit Counseling requirement flag or go directly to the Department of Education's Loan Exit Counseling website.  Pima will be notified a few days after your successful completion.  You must complete this requirement within 30 days of your enrollment change, at which time a hold will be placed on your student account until the counseling is complete.  Even if you've paid off your student loans, you will need to complete this counseling session.

Need help managing your student loans? 

Check out these helpful resources:

  • National Student Loan Data System 
    (NSLDS) contains all of your student loan and grant history.
  • SALT
    Complete the MyMoney101 Student Loan Repayment course, and import your student loan data directly from NSLDS.  SALT is a free program available to all PCC students and alumni.  You can also call their representatives at 1-855-469-2724 (toll-free).
  • PCC's Default Management 
    This webpage also offers helpful tips for managing your student loans.