Return of Title IV Calculation
If a student is determined to completely withdrawal from Pima Community College, the financial aid office must process a Return of Title IV calculation. Students who complete more than 60% of a payment period are considered to have earned 100% of the federal financial aid disbursed to them for the payment period. Students who do not complete more than 60% of the payment period will have all or a portion of disbursed funds returned to the federal government. Additionally, the last date of attendance is used and to determine the students’ separation date for federal loan repayment purposes.
Students who have verified attendance, but have withdrawn prior to disbursement of Title IV funds may be eligible for a post withdrawal disbursement (PWD). Students may cancel their Title IV aid if they choose not receive these funds, please submit the Federal Aid Cancellation Request form.
The R2T4 calculation is based on the following factors:
Number of days in student’s payment period (excludes PCC scheduled breaks of 5 or more days).
Last date of attendance
The FAO will use the last date of attendance in a Title IV eligible course as the student’s withdrawal date. This date is determined by Pima Community College instructor’s attendance records. The last date of attendance is not necessary the day the student officially withdrawals from the institution.
- Physical class attendance where there is direct interaction between instructor and student
- Submission of an academic assignment
- Study group attendance assigned by the school
- Examination, interactive tutorial, or computer-assisted instruction
- Participation in an online discussion about academic matters
- Initiation of contact with instructor to ask question about academic subject
- Logging in to an online class does NOT count as attendance
Financial Aid Award
Student’s financial aid award at the time of the R2T4 calculation. The school must then return the amount of unearned aid to each of the Title IV programs in the following order:
- Unsubsidized Direct Stafford Loan
- Subsidized Direct Stafford Loan
- Direct PLUS Loan
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
Institutional charges that were assessed to the student for all Title IV eligible courses during the payment period at the time of the withdrawal.