Placement Preparation Orientations
Have you completed the multiple measures placement process and want to refresh your skills before courses begin?
Have you taken the Accuplacer placement tests and want to improve your scores or placement level?
Do you want to brush-up your skills before taking the Accuplacer placement tests for the first time?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the college has great opportunities for you.
Placement Preparation Orientations are designed to find the right fit for you. Enroll now in one of the following sessions:
- May 22nd, 9:00 - 11:00 AM - CLOSED
- May 29th, 5:30 - 7:30 PM - CLOSED
- June 5th, 1:00 - 3:00 PM - CLOSED
- June 12th, 5:30 - 7:30 PM - CLOSED
- June 19th, 9:00 - 11:00 AM - CLOSED
- June 26th, 5:30 - 7:30 PM
- July 10th, 1:00 - 3:00 PM
- July 17th, 5:30 - 7:30 PM
- July 24th, 9:00 - 11:00 AM
All orientations are held at Desert Vista Campus in the Plaza Building, Room F-204.
To register for orientation, go to https://goo.gl/forms/K85YdO0KZNbIftsx1
At the orientation, staff will help you determine which activity best suits your goals. You will be able to choose from face-to-face workshops described below, drop-in sessions on specific topics, or an online environment.
The Math Workshops will help you
- Improve your math placement score
- Prepare you for developmental or college-level math courses
The Reading Workshops will help you
- Improve your reading placement score
- Teach you how to utilize the reading process with college-level texts
- Teach you strategies to improve comprehension
The Writing Workshops will help you
- Improve your writing placement score
- Prepare for WRT101S or WRT101
Math Bridge Link
To register for Math Bridge Sessions, go to the Math Bridge page.