Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Dropping, Adding or Withdrawing

You can change your mind about your class schedule after you've registered for your classes.

Be mindful that adding, dropping or withdrawing may affect

  • financial aid
  • veterans' benefits
  • international student status
  • academic standing
  • athletic eligibility.

See an advisor, counselor or the appropriate department for assistance before making changes.

How to Change Your Schedule

Schedule changes must be made by the published deadline dates.

New, Continuing and Returning Students

     Log onto MyPima or fill out a Registration Form.

Veterans Educational Benefits Recipients

     Fill out the Veterans Certification Worksheet if you are a continuing or returning student.

Veterans Educational Benefits Applicants

     See Veterans Services for further instructions if you are a new student.

Add a Class

Aside from meeting the deadline, some courses also may require permission.

After the registration deadline, you may still add a course if you

See the Registration Deadline webpage for additional information and a FAQ.

You will be charged an additional fee if

  • an added class includes a course fee.
  • you add a class after the refund deadline.

Drop a Class and Get a Refund

You must drop a class before the official refund deadline. You will receive a refund and the class will be erased from your record. See our Refund Policy for details.

Current students can view course-specific drop/refund deadlines in MyPima on the Academics tab under My Schedule.

After the refund deadline, you will not receive a refund and may be financially liable for tuition and fees.

Pima reserves the right to drop unpaid registrations. Dropping unwanted classes remains the student's responsibility.

Withdraw from a Class

Be aware of withdrawal deadlines. Current students can view course-specific withdrawal deadlines in MyPima on the Academics tab under My Schedule.

You will not receive a refund for a class from which you withdraw. You will receive a grade of "W" (official withdrawal) on your academic record. Withdrawing won't affect your GPA, but a "W" will remain on your permanent record. Withdrawing from a class may affect your Academic Standing or your Satisfactory Academic Progress.

If you do not follow the withdrawal procedure, you may receive a failing grade.

Withdraw from the College

Students wishing to completely withdraw from the College must do so at a campus Student Services Center.  Be aware there may be financial aid implications to complete withdrawals. Students at a distance can call 520-206-6408 or email for assistance.