Good Academic Standing
The College has a minimum academic requirement for all credit earning students. Students who maintain a 2.0 GPA and 67% completion rate cumulatively remain in good academic standing. Completion rate is calculated by dividing the number of credits that a student has attempted against the number of credits they have completed. Withdrawals and re-takes are included in this calculation.
Students that are identified as International or Athlete may be held to higher or more restrictive requirements.
Students academic records are reviewed at the end of each semester. This evaluation determines the student's academic standing for the upcoming semester. Students will be notified by email if they have not maintained good academic standing.
- Students receiving Federal Financial Aid must also meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Students receiving Veteran Education Benefits must also meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress
Academic Warning, Probation and Restriction
The first semester a student falls below a 2.0 GPA and/or 67% completion rate, the student will be placed on Academic Warning.
PCC would like to provide you with an opportunity to build your success strategies. We are requiring you to complete one Student Lingo online module of your choice.
Should you have any questions or would like to discuss your academic standing with an expert, you are encouraged to meet with a counselor or Program Advisor.
To remove the Academic Warning hold on your account:
- Create a Student Lingo Account.
- Student Lingo has nine choices of online modules. Think of the skills/strategies you are interested in enhancing to impact your student success this semester. Chose one module that best meets your goals.
- Select and complete one Student Lingo module, including:
- Complete the end of module assessment
- Complete the end of module evaluation
- Print or take a screenshot the certificate of completion
- Submit the certificate of completion to email@example.com or bring it to your nearest campus counseling department. Once your certificate is received please allow 24 hours to remove the hold.
In any subsequent semester that a student on Academic Warning falls below the 2.0 GPA and/or 67%, the student will be placed on Academic Probation.
In any subsequent semester following Academic Probation where the student’s GPA falls below a 2.0, the student will be placed on Academic Restriction. During Academic Restriction, a student will be limited in the total number of credit hours per semester until achieving a semester GPA of 2.0 or higher. Full year and selective admission programs may require faculty approval to be exempt from restriction on course load.
To remove the Academic Restriction on your account:
- PCC is concerned about your academic success. We are requiring you to meet with either a counselor or Program Advisor to discuss your goals and review success strategies. Please make an appointment with the Counselor or Program Advisor you are working with now or have worked with in the past.