10. Building a Schedule Step 1
As you reach the schedule page you have a few options to find courses that suit you. At the upper left, choose the semester you want. The Subject Codes are the 3-character prefixes for the courses you look for. Choose one.
The location designates on which campus the class meets. If location is important, choose one. The course reference number is what you need to sign up for your class section. Click Search to see your results.
Notice the amount of information you can get from the schedule:
- Status: This column will be Open if you can still register, but will read Closed when it is either full or it is too late to get in. The "Rem" column will show how many seats are still available/remaining.
- CRN of the class: This number is required to register.
- Meeting Time: The days and times class meets.
- Location: Pima has 6 campuses and holds classes online. Be sure you choose the location you want.
- Date: Classes have various start/end dates. These can be important to schedule around.
- Alt. Mth.: This designates whether an alternative learning modality/method is used for the course ("taught online", "web/classroom", etc.)
- Wks.: The number of weeks that a class runs. If you are new to college, it is recommended that you start with 16-week classes. The 8- or 5-week classes have the same expectations, but in less time.