9. Based on Your Assessments
Now that you know how many courses to take, let’s select them. First, take out both your assessment results and the Registering for Your First Semester worksheet from your orientation packet. Look at your assessment results and select the appropriate Reading, Writing and Math classes from the top of the worksheet. These are basic courses that once taken will help you to get through your more demanding college courses.
If your schedule permits, it is strongly recommended that you complete Student Success (STU) courses; these courses are designed to enhance your academic skills and college experience.
Some examples are:
- STU 100: College Study Skills
- STU 107: University Transfer Preparation
- STU 109: Making Career Choices
- STU 150: Becoming a Master Student
- STU 210: Transfer Strategies
- STU 230: Dynamics of Leadership