Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Admissions FAQ

When can I apply?
You can apply at any time. If you would like to apply for a specific term, the web application for each term opens three weeks prior to registration for that term. Applying well before your term starts will help you

  • complete the admissions process
  • determine eligibility for financial aid
  • enroll in classes at times and locations that are convenient for you

How much does Pima cost?
Your cost is based on the number of credits or hours you enroll in for each semester and any fees that are associated with your classes. Refer to our Costs of Credit Classes section for more information.

Many students receive other forms of assistance such as financial aid, veterans' benefits or scholarships to help with college costs.

Will Pima help me with my career?
Pima offers a variety of degrees and certificates that will help you start a career or learn new skills that you can use in your existing job. Contact an advisor or counselor who can help you identify which programs are right for you.

Counselors can use career interest inventories to help you determine what types of careers are right for you.

Can I take courses that will transfer to a university?
Yes. Pima offers degrees that prepare you to transfer to a university (view information on transfer degrees). Pima also has a number of transfer partnerships that simplify and streamline obtaining your bachelor's degree.

How do I transfer previous college credits to Pima?
Follow these instructions on transferring credits to Pima.

I'm still in high school. Can I attend Pima at the same time?
Yes. If you would like to substitute your college class for a high school class you should meet with your high school counselor first.

What if I'm in high school but under 16?
You can seek special permission to attend PCC from the Vice President of Student Development (or designee) at the campus where you wish to take classes. Students under 16 must:

  • Complete the Underage Admissions packet, which includes forms for signatures from your parent or guardian. This packet is available at any Student Services Center.
  • Pass the reading, writing and math Assessment Tests.
  • Make an appointment with the Vice President of Student Development (or a designee) to determine your readiness for college work.

Do I need a high school diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE) to register?
You do not need a diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE) to register. However, you may need a diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE) for certain programs such as Dental Hygiene or Nursing.

If you do not have a high school diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE) you will not be eligible for Federal financial aid.