Transferring from Pima
Pima Community College is the perfect place to start your academic career. If you're planning to transfer to a four-year college or university, the work you complete here will put you well on your way to earning your bachelor's degree.
Through our transfer partnerships with universities, we make sure that the credits you earn here at Pima are accepted by your target school and meet the requirements of your degree program.
Getting Ready to Transfer - Step by Step
If you think there is a college transfer in your future, we encourage you to follow these important steps:
- Research and choose where you want to transfer
Pima courses transfer to most colleges and universities. Pima also has transfer agreements with a variety of schools.
- Choose a major at your transfer school
Knowing your major early will save you time and money. For help choosing a major, consider taking STU 107, STU 109 or talk with an advisor.
- Choose a related program of study at Pima
An advisor can help you decide which transfer program is right for you. Some resources to help you include:
- Apply to the College or University you have selected
- Submit transcripts
- Apply for financial aid (optional)
- Communicate with an advisor at the transfer school you have selected
- Take STU 210 to learn transfer strategies (optional)
- Apply for graduation
The graduation deadline is toward the beginning of each semester.
- Request a Final Transcript
If you completed required courses after you submitted your initial transcript, make sure to request a final transcript that contains all of your courses.