Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Current F-1 Students

Have questions about your F-1 status? Ask a Designated School Official.

A Designated School Official, or DSO, is familiar with F-1 student visa rules and regulations. Only DSOs can sign immigration documents regarding F-1 student status. F-1 students must visit the International Student Services Office to obtain signatures.

Student Information Reporting

F-1 students must inform the International Student Services Office of name and physical address changes within 10 days of the change. Post Office Box addresses are not accepted.

SEVIS, Student and Exchange Visitor Information System, is a computer system for sharing information about international students and exchange visitors. It's used by

  • colleges and universities.
  • United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).
  • Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
  • Department of State (DOS).

FERPA is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. As amended in 1974 [20 U.S.C. § 1232g], this act protects the privacy of student records. FERPA does not apply to the information that Pima must report to SEVIS on F-1 students.

F1 Student Status

You are responsible for maintaining legal F-1 status while studying at Pima College. You are out of status if you

  • are not enrolled for courses.
  • are not maintaining full-time status (at least 12 credits)
  • are not progressing academically with a cumulative GPA of at least a  2.00 and 67% completion rate.
  • entered the United States using an I-20 issued by Pima College and did not enroll in courses.