Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Exemptions from Full-Time Enrollment

These exemptions for less than full-time enrollment (fewer than 12 credits) must be approved by the International Student Services Office before you drop a course or fail to enroll in courses.

You must consult with an advisor in the International Student Services Office before changing your schedule.

Last Semester

  • You need fewer than full-time status to complete your program.
  • Request an exemption before the beginning of the semester.
  • You can't enroll for administrative purpose if you're not required to take additional courses to complete your program.
  • You must take appropriate action to maintain status, apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT), change your status or depart from the United States.

Illness or Medical Condition

  • May justify an interruption or reduction in a full course of study.
  • You must present medical documentation to substantiate the condition. The documentation must come from a licensed medical doctor, doctor of osteopathy or clinical psychologist.