The Office of the Internal Auditor (Internal Audit) is an independent, objective, assurance and consulting entity designed to add value and improve Pima Community College operations. Internal Audit assists the College in accomplishing its objectives by systematically evaluating, and helping to improve, risk management, control and governance.
Internal Audit supports the mission of PCC, as the scope of Internal Audit’s responsibilities encompasses all College operations. In assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the College’s governance, internal controls, risk management, and performance, Internal Audit will:
- Assist with maintaining effective controls and promoting continuous improvement;
- Assess financial and operating information and the methods used to initiate, authorize, record, process, and report such information to validate the reliability and integrity of the process;
- Review policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations that could have a significant impact on the processes subject to audit to determine whether PCC is in overall compliance;
- Review the means to safeguard assets as well as the adequacy and effectiveness of applicable policies and practices;
- Evaluate the economy and efficiency with which processes are implemented and performed, and resources are utilized; and
- Review operations to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives.