- What is the salary for adjunct faculty?
- Am I qualified to be certified?
- I don't see my discipline listed on Pima Jobs. Should I still submit an application?
- Is there a checklist including all of the required application documents?
- Do I need to submit official transcripts?
- Will a degree or coursework from any school qualify for certification?
- Can I use my foreign transcript for certification?
- Can I use any foreign transcript evaluation service?
- Will a prior letter of recommendation work for a letter of experience?
- Do I mail you my original certificates/licenses?
- What happens after I am certified?
- What do I do after I receive an offer to teach a class?
2. Am I qualified to be certified?
Refer to the PCC Faculty Standards to find the minimum qualification requirements under the classifications of Academic, Developmental and Occupational/Workforce. In most cases, a master’s degree is required to teach academic transfer courses.
3. I don't see my discipline listed on PimaJobs. Should I still submit an application?
Yes. While adjunct faculty assignments are usually made months before the start of the semester, additional assignments are made throughout the year as needed.
4. Is there a checklist including all of the required application documents?
Yes. An adjunct faculty application checklist is available online. The certification process is quicker if all documents are submitted together as a complete packet.
5. Do I need to submit official transcripts?
Yes. Official transcripts are required for any post-secondary conferred degrees that are listed on your application or resume. Any degrees in progress may need to be submitted to meet the faculty certification standards.
6. Will a degree or coursework from any school qualify for certification?
Only degrees or coursework from colleges or universities that are accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies will qualify to meet the faculty standards.
8. Can I use any foreign transcript evaluation service?
No. You must use an evaluation agency that is a member of NACES. If you have an evaluation from a non-member, it will not be accepted.
9. Will a prior letter of recommendation work for a letter of experience?
Probably not. Each letter of experience submitted must delineate length of employment (start and end dates by month and year), position title, and job responsibilities as verified in writing by a third party such as a supervisor/employer.
11. What happens after I am certified?
Once you are certified, your name will be entered into a College-wide adjunct faculty database. Department chairs and lead faculty use this database to select potential candidates for teaching assignments. Once you receive your teaching certificate in the mail, you may inquire about openings at any or all campuses by contacting the appropriate Division Dean for the discipline(s) you are certified to teach.
12. What do I do after I receive an offer to teach a class?
Contact the Faculty Certification Office to set up an appointment to fill out new hire paperwork.