- What is the salary for adjunct faculty?
- Am I qualified?
- I don't see my discipline listed on Pima Jobs. Should I still submit an application?
- Do I need to submit official transcripts?
- Will a degree or coursework from any school qualify me?
- Can I use my foreign transcript?
- Can I use any foreign transcript evaluation service?
- Do I mail in my original certificates/licenses?
- How do I get an offer to teach a class?
- What do I do after I receive an offer to teach a class?
2. Am I qualified?
Refer to the PCC Faculty Qualifications Standards to find the minimum qualification requirements under the classifications of Academic, Developmental and Occupational/Workforce. In most cases, a master’s degree is required to teach Academic transfer courses.
3. I don't see my discipline listed on PimaJobs. Should I still submit an application?
Yes. Adjunct faculty are hired through a single, pooled, recruitment posting -- we do not post disciplines separately. Most teaching assignments are made months before the start of the semester, and additional assignments are made throughout the year as needed.
4. Do I need to submit official transcripts?
Official transcripts are required for any post-secondary conferred degrees that are required to meet the qualifications standards for the discipline(s) you wish to teach. Any degrees still in progress may need to be submitted to meet the standards. Do not order official transcripts unless the Faculty Certification Office asks you to do so.
5. Will a degree or coursework from any school qualify me?
Only degrees or coursework from colleges or universities that are accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies will qualify to meet the faculty standards.
6. Can I use my foreign transcript?
Yes. However, a degree from any college outside of the United States (even if the transcript is in English) may need to be evaluated. Before ordering an evaluation, check with the Faculty Certification Office to confirm whether you will need to complete this step.
7. Can I use any foreign transcript evaluation service?
No. You must use an evaluation agency that is a member of NACES or is an AACRAO corporate partner. If you submit an evaluation from any other agency, it will not be accepted.
Teaching assignments are awarded based on your application form, resume, and any additional information acquired by department heads or lead faculty through personal interview, correspondence, and/or other selection method. You may contact the appropriate Division Dean to discuss potential adjunct faculty teaching assignments in your discipline(s) at any or all campuses.
10. What do I do after I receive an offer to teach a class?
If you accept a job offer to teach a class, please contact the Faculty Certification Office to complete new employee paperwork (immigration forms, tax withholding, background check, etc.) or other required forms. You must complete this step in order to receive an electronic teaching contract that includes the terms and conditions of your assignment with Pima College.