Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Adjunct Faculty Application Process

Applications for adjunct faculty are accepted throughout the year. Potential adjuncts must meet Pima Certification Standards in order to teach. How to get started:

  1. Review the PCC disciplines
    Our disciplines are listed on Pima's Credit Courses web page. Certification review will focus primarily on the disciplines that you designate in your application.    
  2. Review the application checklist 
    The checklist is a reference for the supporting documents required for certification.
  3. Complete an online application form
    Use our online system to create a new account or log into your existing account. Attach any supporting documentation (e.g., licenses, certificates) to your online application. You may also submit additional documents by mail or in person to the Faculty Certification Office.       
  4. Order official transcripts:
    Official transcripts must come from a regionally accredited institution. Please ask the registrar’s office to send official (sealed paper or electronic) transcripts to the Faculty Certification Office. Please note any name changes when ordering transcripts. Foreign transcripts: A degree from any college outside of the United States (even if the transcript is in English) may need to be evaluated by a foreign transcript evaluation service. Before ordering an evaluation, check with the Faculty Certification Office to confirm whether you will need to do so. If you will need an evaluation, you must use an agency that is a member of NACES or is an AACRAO corporate partner. If you have an evaluation from a non-member, it will not be accepted.

What happens after your application packet has been submitted?  Review our Certification Process.

If you are applying for both full-time (regular) faculty and adjunct faculty, two separate applications must be submitted with appropriate documentation. 

  1. Full-time faculty applications and supporting documentation are processed by the Human Resources Office.
  2. Adjunct applications and supporting documentation are processed by the Faculty Certification Office.

Additional questions or further assistance? Contact Us.