Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 504, no qualified person will be denied access to, participation in, or the benefits of, any program or activity operated by the College because of a disability.  The College will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in employment practices and activities, including, but not limited to, application procedures, hiring, promotion, termination, training, compensation and benefits. 

The intent of Pima Community College is to ensure that every individual, who makes known a need for accommodation due to disability, will receive timely and accurate guidance regarding the request and accommodation process.  The College, through an interactive process with the individual, will determine and provide a reasonable accommodation.  A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables the individual with a disability to enjoy an equal opportunity for success.  Accommodations are individualized and flexible, based on the nature of the disability and the essential duties of the job.  The employee provided with a reasonable accommodation will be held to the same job performance standards and requirements as other employees without disabilities.  The College is responsible for providing the reasonable accommodation unless it can be shown that the accommodation would impose an undue hardship.

Employees:   For the form to request an accommodation and an overview of the steps include in the process click here.

Students:  The PCC Access and Disability Resources Office provides more information on the resources available for students with disabilities including forms to request an academic accommodation.

Visitors:  For questions or to request an accommodation for a College sponsored event which is open to the public, please contact the EEO/Affirmative Action/ADA office at 520-206-4539 or via e-mail at