Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Contact Us

Pima County Community College District
Department of Public Safety
6680 South Country Club Road
Tucson, Arizona 85709-1740

Phone: (520) 206-2692

Emergencies can be reported by calling 911. For non-emergencies, Lost and Found inquiries, or to speak with an officer, contact the PS Communications Center at (520)206-2700


PS encourages citizens to bring forward legitimate grievances regarding misconduct by employees. Any PS officer will receive complaints courteously and they will be handled efficiently.

To file a complaint about the actions of a PS employee or about any aspect of PS operations, please:

  • Come to any Campus PS Office and tell any officer that you want to make a complaint; or
  • Call the Department at 206-2692 and tell the person answering the phone that you want to make a complaint; or
  • Write your complaint and mail it to the Department attention Commander Michelle Nieuwenhuis.

Or e-mail the Commander at

A supervisory officer will assist you in filling out a Report of Complaint Against Police Personnel form. This form asks you to identify yourself and then to give specific details about your complaint.

Your complaint will then be investigated. You may be contacted and asked additional questions about your complaint.

If it is going to take a long time to investigate your complaint, you will receive a letter telling you approximately when you may expect a reply. Once the chain of command has completed its review and recommendations you will receive a call from the Commander explaining the outcome of the investigation.  You will also receive written notification of the complaint outcome via a letter from the Chief of Police.

Compliments or Comments

If you have comments, suggestions or compliments about PS or any of its employees, please take the time to send a note to the Commander at