Pima Community College's Board of Governors enacts, rescinds and modifies policies for the College. This authority is given by the Arizona State Legislature.
Policy Transition 2015-2016
PCC has begun transitioning to a two-tiered system of Board Policies and Administrative Procedures. Revised Board Policies that use a new numbering system have been published on the website. New Administrative Procedures will be published as they are developed, and the corresponding Regulations and Standard Practice Guides will be deleted.
- establish institutional goals
- stipulate a stance or direction Pima College must take to pursue those goals
All Board of Governor actions involving Board Policies must occur at a public meeting. Details on how the Board of Governors act on Board Policies are available in Board Policy 1.01.
- provides specific guidance to College employees in implementing and enacting Board Policies in the day-to-day operations of the College.
- state the purpose of the Board Policy
- delineate scope and responsibility
- define the general parameters for developing the related Standard Practice Guide
- identify responsible parties
Standard Practice Guides
- detail the process of implementing a regulation
- give direction to those who conduct activities under the regulation
- Policy Development Form [MS Word]
Form that guides staff in the process of developing policies, and the policy approval process