Pima Community College's Board of Governors enacts, rescinds and modifies policies for the college. This authority is given by the Arizona State Legislature.
PCC is in the process of transitioning from a three-tiered system of Board Policies, College Regulations and Standard Practice Guides to a two-tiered system of Board Policies and Administrative Procedures. This change will reorganize existing policies and use a different numbering system.
- establish institutional goals
- stipulate a stance or direction Pima College must take to pursue those goals
All Board of Governor actions involving Board Policies must occur at a public meeting. Details on how the Board of Governors act on Board Policies are available in Board Policy 1101.
- state the purpose of the Board Policy
- delineate scope and responsibility
- define the general parameters for developing the related Standard Practice Guide
- identify responsible parties
- detail the process of implementing a regulation
- give direction to those who conduct activities under the regulation
- provides specific guidance to College employees in implementing and enacting Board Policies in the day-to-day operations of the College.
- Standard Practice Guide 1101/AA
Details on developing and implementing Regulations and SPGs
- Board Report Format Guidelines
Guidelines to staff on developing "Board Reports" -- items forwarded to the Board of Governors for action
- PCC Identity Standards
Information on appropriate use of the College brand and logo is available in the Marketing section of the Intranet
Contact the Assistant Vice Chancellor at 206-4650 for more information.