Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Timeline: 1980-1989 highlights

1981

  • The Downtown Campus institutes a vocational training program for women with courses in Air Conditioning, Automotives, Machine Tool, Sheet Metal, and Welding
  • The current East Campus facility opened and has since doubled in size
  • The College opens an Education Center on the Davis-Monthan Air Force Base
  • The College awarded more than 1000 Associate degrees

1983

  • The College opens a computer college with 13 introductory and advanced training and begins offering a degree in solar technology.
  • The College offers eight 3-credit courses on the Cox Cable Channel

1985

  • The PCC Alumni Association is formed

1986

  • The College established the Education Center-South

1989

  • PCC signs an agreement with the University of Arizona to encourage students to transfer from PCC to UA

  
  

Science classroom

East Campus Groundbreaking Ceremony, 1980
Downtown Campus automotive students
1986 Graduation at the TCC Music Hall
Technology student
Southside Learning Center opened in 1986

Next: 1990-99